Jr Naturalist Program
By popular demand, we've created a program for students who just can't get enough here at the Preserve. Designed to provide a more in-depth experience, our 6-week program is limited to just 12 students per session. Our goal is to provide students aged 8-12 years, with opportunities to learn about the outdoors.
Fall 2018 dates are: Wednesday afternoons, 330pm-530pm
October 3-November 14, 2018 (with no session on Halloween, October 31st)
The Junior Naturalist Program is an environmental education program designed for children ages 8-12, consisting of six 2-hour sessions. The Program is a great way for kids get out, get active, and learn more about the outdoors. This exciting, hands-on, environmental awareness program will help students gain an understanding and appreciation of our natural world and their important role in helping to protect it.
- Classes will be held on Wednesday afternoons from 330-530pm for six weeks.
- Maximum 12 students per session.
- Each student will be provided a vest.
- Upon completion of each module consisting of classes/projects/activities, students earn badges based upon knowledge exhibited.
- Students will receive a certificate and master badge after successfully completing all six modules.
Spaces limited, early registration essential!
For more information, please email Education@OaklandNaturePreserve.org.